As you know I took a sailing trip to the Caribbean in January. The purpose of the trip was to qualify for the ASA 103 and 104 certifications. Our instructor and skipper was Bob, he constantly amazed us with his encyclopedic store of sailing and cultural information. The other crew consisted of Susan and John V., John S., Darren and Caroline (“I’m sure if you fell overboard I’d know what to do instinctively.”). Our boat was a Dufour 50, initially the Heliodore but we switched to Corail after three days (more on that here).
- Jan 27: Arrival in Antigua
- Jan 28: Antigua to Guadeloupe – Deshaies
- Jan 29: Guadeloupe – Ilêt Pigeon
- Jan 30: Guadeloupe – Les Saintes
- Jan 31: Dominica
- Feb 1: Dominica – Island Tour
- Feb 2: Guadeloupe – Les Saintes
- Feb 3: Guadeloupe – Les Saintes
- Feb 4: Guadeloupe – Gosier
- Feb 5: Guadeloupe – Ilêt Gosier
- Feb 6: Departure from Point-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe
Here’s a slideshow of pictures from the trip.